The Future of Raw Materials Higher Education & 11th ESEE Dialogue Conference
EIT RawMaterials together with the University of Zagreb – Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering (UNIZG-RGNF) and Montanuniversität Leoben are hosting the event The Future of Raw Materials Higher Education Conference and Ideation, between 2-4 October 2019 in Zagreb, Croatia.
The event will take stock of the current status of higher education and its role of fostering innovation in the field of raw materials exploration, mining and processing. The event will set the ground toward Europe’s and the ESEE (East and South-East Europe) region digital transformation and how digital pedagogy can help with that in parallel with the growing importance of University – Business cooperation in tackling Knowledge Triangle Integration (connecting industry, research and higher education).
The ESEE Region has been identified as an EIT RawMaterials priority outreach area from the very beginning. It has unique raw materials potential including:
- the availability of various resources (both primary and secondary)
- specific industrial history with state-owned enterprises
- geopolitical situation and importance
Recognising this importance and in order to build a bridge between raw material related higher education of the ESEE Region and other parts of Europe, sharing the synergy between the two events and kindly invite you to:
- Meet key experts and fellow educators and share your experience and vision about the current status and the future of raw material related higher education.
- Learn about digital pedagogy and methods as well as how to integrate them to your everyday teaching practice and use them to develop digital skills of students.
- Practice how can you develop and implement better University – Business Cooperation for the benefit of your local ecosystem and community.
- Share and develop your idea and practice to enhance the innovativeness of the ESEE region by deploying and transferring them.