Please, read this Legal Notice carefully before you start using the MDNP platform. By using the platform or accepting to use certain of its tools, you are acceptance of this Legal Notice.
The Webmaster and the European Commission reserve the right to change this Legal Notice at any time at its sole discretion by posting revisions on the site. Such revisions will be effective immediately upon posting them to the site. Your use of the site after such changes have been posted constitutes your acceptance of the revised Legal Notice.
The material contained on this website is published for information purpose only. The Webmaster endeavours to make its best effort to up-date the information on a regular basis, but it is not claimed to be exhaustive. The Webmaster has compiled the pages on this platform site very carefully and the information placed on this website is offered in good faith. This information is believed to be correct. Nevertheless, the Webmaster makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of this information. The Webmaster reserves the right to withdraw or amend the site and any service or material provided on it at its sole discretion without prior notice. The Webmaster or the European Commission will, in no event, be responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance on the information contained in this website.
You represent and warrant that you own or control all rights in the information you provide about yourself and/or your organization to this site and have the rights to grant the Webmaster and the European Commission the license granted above. You represent and warrant that all the information you provide to the site does and will comply with this Legal Notice and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the MDNP and its affiliates and licensors for any breach of that representation and warranty. You understand and acknowledge that you, not the MDNP, have full responsibility for such information's content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, completeness and appropriateness.
In addition to the foregoing, all Member-provided information must comply with all applicable national, regional, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, Member-provided information must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
- Violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with this Legal Notice;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
Links to external sites
Links to external websites are provided solely as a convenience. Therefore, those links imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in these websites by the Webmaster or the European Commission. The inclusion of external links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Please, be also aware that when you leave the MDNP platform, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms, which are beyond the control of the MDNP.
This site and its content, where applicable, are subject to the copyright of the European Commission. Reproduction is authorised, except for commercial purposes, provided that the source is mentioned and acknowledged. The Webmaster or the European Commission claims no copyright on any official document or document in the public domain. Copyright, if any, of third-party material found in this site must also be respected.
The site may be used for lawful purposes only and in accordance with this Legal Notice. You agree using the information contained in the Member’s Area for lawful and legitimate purposes, such as networking or obtaining member contact information for your own lawful uses. You agree not to use the MDNP platform:
- In any way that violates any applicable national, regional, local and international law or regulation;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with this Legal Notice;
- To gather or attempt to gather personal information belonging to members, users or member organizations for the purposes of spamming, selling to third parties, or otherwise sharing beyond the reasonable uses of the Site;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the MDNP or a Webmaster member, another user, person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of names or email addresses associated with any of the foregoing); or
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the site, or that harm MDNP platform or users of the site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the site;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the site for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the site;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the site or for any other unauthorized purpose without the prior written consent of Webmaster or the European Commission;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the site;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the site, the server on which any part of the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site;
- Attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Certifications and Security
The Data Center where the website is hosted is certified with the ISO 27001, which is a globally recognized security standard for systems, data centers’ planning and construction and security measures driven by the implementation of an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a security framework of policies, procedures and controls that includes administrative, physical and technical safeguards to manage information security risks to internal and customer information.
The website has a 256-bit SSL Certificate, which encrypts the client-server communication flow using a secure encryption protocol (HTTPS connection).
Disclaimer of warranties
The MDNP cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and for maintaining a means external to the site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
The MDNP will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or any services or items obtained through the site, or to your downloading of any material posted on it or on any website linked to it. Your use of the site, its content and any services or items obtained through the site is at your own risk.
Personal Data Protection
If you are provided with a user name, a password or any other piece of information as part of the site security procedures you shall make a diligent use of it, being responsible of their security and confidentiality, keeping them safe and not disclosing them in order to avoid the access to unauthorized third parties. User must notify the Webmaster immediately in the event of an incident that may cause a breach of confidentiality of data.
The MDNP platform complies with the "protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies” based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018, repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. See information on the protection of personal data. In addition, it complies with article 5(3) of the ePrivacy Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 amending Directive 2002/22/EC, Directive 2002/58/EC and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004.
On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data because:
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- you, as data subject, have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
This is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, in particular Article 5(1).
How do we collect your personal data and how that information is used / to whom it is disclosed?
We collect your personal data when registering as member of the MDNP platform or when submitting a Contact us form or a Webinar registration form. When doing so, you are given your consent to store and process your personal data. This is in accordance with article 5(3) of the ePrivacy Directive 2009/136/EC.
If you give your consent during registration on the platform, your personal data will be used by the Webmaster to inform you about events or news organized by the MDNP. You can, at any time, revoke this permission by rectifying your member profile data.
The MDNP members tool is a service to put members of the MDNP platform in direct contact with other MDNP members for networking and business purposes. Only those members who give expressed consent participate in and have access to the MDNP members searching tool.
The Blog is a service that allows members of the MDNP platform exchange views and experiences on technical, research or regulatory issues of their interest. When publishing or commenting a post on the Blog, information of the Member in charge is provided on the platform with direct access to his/her Member profile page.
Your personal data will not be used for automated decision-making, including profiling. It will only be used rendered anonymised for internal statistics purposes.
Which personal data do we collect and who has access to it?
The personal data collected is the one provided by the user when submitting the Membership Application Form, the Contact us form or the Webinar registration form.
Only the European Commission has access to the data. There is no transfer of data to non-EU/EEA countries nor to the US.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The personal data submitted through the Membership Application Form, the Contact us form or the Webinar registration form on the platform is collected and stored until a manual erase is produced.
The MDNP member account data is collected and further processed while the member account is active.
See further details on the user rights below.
How do we protect and safeguard your personal data?
The physical files of the MDNP platform are hosted on Dinahosting, in a Virtual Private Server on a Data Processing Center in Madrid, Spain (Europe) under the responsibility and management of Interxion España SL, company certified in ISO 27001 regulation.
All personal data in electronic format, i.e. automatic e-mails sent by the platform to the Webmaster, when a new Membership form or Contact us form is submitted, are accessed by the Webmaster through Outlook, which e-mails are stored by Office 365 that complies ISO 27001 regulation.
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, in particular Articles 15(a) and 15(b):
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with Chapter III (Articles 14-25) of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, MDNP members can, at any time, access to or rectify their member profile data as well as erase their member account (their published content will belong to the Anonymous user from then on) directly on their own within the “My profile” section.
MDNP members do not have direct access to the data stored on the Membership Application Form, the Contact us form or the Webinar registration form. If you would like to delete it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to exercise your rights under Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 or for any questions or requests regarding the data transmitted to and processed on the MDNP platform, please contact email@example.com.
This Legal Notice and all disputes or controversies arising out of or relating to this Legal Notice and your use of the site shall be governed by the laws of Belgium.