For whom is the Mineral Development Network Platform (MDNP)?
The MDNP platform is addressed to all the actors in the EU Member States and Latin American countries Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay active in the different fields of activity of the extractive industries sectors including, but not limited to:
- Industry, including small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), junior and senior exploration and mining companies;
- Industrial mining associations from the EU (at Member State level and EU level) and Latin America, covering the different sub-sectors of the non-energy extractive industries;
- Mining equipment and technology suppliers;
- Mining consulting and services companies (including SMEs);
- Public mining bodies from the EU Members States (at the relevant level) and from Latin America (at relevant levels);
- Embassies and Permanent Representations (EU, Member States and Latin America);
- The relevant services from European Commission;
- Funding and financial entities;
- Geological Surveys from the EU and Latin America;
- R&D&I entities from EU and Latin America;
- EU and Latin American universities with proven expertise in the relevant scientific areas to support exploration, extraction and processing activities;
- Infrastructure developers for the mining life cycle (including SMEs);
- Already existing formal cooperation bodies between the EU (at the EU or Member State level) and Latin America for this sector;
- NGOs active in the mining sector.
Who is active in EU and Latin America in the extractive sector?
All identified actors with linkages to the extractive industries in the EU and Latin America are included in a database that is available for the MDNP Members through the Partner Finder tool.
The Partner Finder database includes information on actors (e.g. a short description of the various types of organisations, their field of work, web links, etc.) categorized based on the specific fields of activity. Thus, it serves as an easy-to-use tool to find partners for cooperation purposes and contact points in the EU and Latin America alike.